Warwick’s Historic Landmarks Walking Tour - SOLD OUT!
This short walking tour of historic central Warwick is led by Graham and Maureen Sutherland, who have been qualified professional Blue Badge Tourist Guides for more than twenty years.
The tour starts at Warwick Visitor Information Centre, and finishes at Thomas Oken’s House in Castle Street. Landmarks along the route, old and new, include: the Court House; the Warwick Arms Hotel; the site of the origin of the 1694 Great Fire of Warwick; the Lord Leycester Hospital; the statue of Randolph Turpin; Barrack Street’s iron rings and old cell door; the old courts and newly-revamped houses in Northgate Street; and St Mary’s Church.
Learn something of the history of these landmarks, the buildings and the people who lived and worked in them!
Warwick is a hill town, but this route is mainly on the flat: there will be no flights of steps to negotiate.
Book Tickets: £7.00 SOLD OUT!
Festival Box Office 01926 33 44 18