- Warwick Prep School Car Park
Behind the Blue Door: 140th Anniversary of King’s High School
How many people have wandered past Eastgate, the Smith Street cottages and Landor House over the past 140 years, little knowing that they housed one of the country’s leading girls’ schools, King’s High? These Tardis-like buildings were also once home to chanting monks, an inn … and a cantankerous poet.
Join Polly Beidas, King’s High Old Girl and co-author of a new history of the school, to explore girls’ education in Warwick.
Polly will reveal the story of the ground-breaking women (and even some men!) who developed the school from 22 girls in the time of Victoria to today’s creative educational powerhouse – 651 girls ready to face the modern world.
We regret that there is no parking available at this venue.
Event supported by
Festival Box Office 01926 33 44 18
Parking will be available at the following sites:
- Visitor Car Park (Approx 80 spaces)
- Use all spaces listed as ‘permit holder only’ and ‘staff parking’.
- Warwick Junior School Car Park (Approx 100 spaces)
- Alternative parking is also available at St Nicholas’ Park, a pay and display car park 10 minutes walk away, which is free from 6pm.