- Warwick Prep School Car Park
Max Hastings Chastise: The Dambusters Story 1943
A brand new history of the Dambusters raids, from bestselling and critically-acclaimed military historian Max Hastings.
Operation Chastise – the destruction of the Möhne and Eder dams in north-west Germany by the RAF’s 617 Squadron – is an epic that has passed into Britain’s national legend.
Max Hastings grew up embracing the accepted, heroic story of the raids – as told in the classic 1955 movie. In the 21st century, however, he urges that we should see the Dambusters in much more complex shades. And remember the 1,400 civilians that perished in the floods which followed the destruction of the dams.
Max Hastings sets Operation Chastise in the bigger picture of the Second World War, in this new narrative of one of the most extraordinary episodes in British war-time history.
Festival Box Office 01926 33 44 18
Parking will be available at the following sites:
- Visitor Car Park (Approx 80 spaces)
- Use all spaces listed as ‘permit holder only’ and ‘staff parking’.
- Warwick Junior School Car Park (Approx 100 spaces)
- Alternative parking is also available at St Nicholas’ Park, a pay and display car park 10 minutes walk away, which is free from 6pm.