The Data Protection Act 1998, together with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in force from 25 May 2018, provides the legal framework that defines how personal information can be used.
Warwick Words is fully committed to compliance with current data protection legislation and fulfilling our obligation to protect any personal information we collect from you.
- Personal information will be collected and used in a way that is legal, fair and understandable: you have a right to know what information we collect and ensure that it is correct and/or request its removal
- Your personal information will be used only for the legitimate purpose specified at the time of collection and will only be shared with third parties as described below, unless we believe we are required by law otherwise to disclose
- We limit the personal information we collect to that required for the purpose stated
- We endeavour to hold accurate, up-to-date personal information
- Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, unless there is a legal obligation to retain such records
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure the security and integrity of your personal information and avoid accidental loss, misuse or destruction
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Our mailing lists – postal and by email – are comprised of the personal information, that is, the contact details, of those individuals who have requested information from us. We use third parties to process communications on our behalf: we only provide these third parties with the information needed to deliver the relevant service and make sure that all data is treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly. If you no longer wish to receive information from Warwick Words, you should contact the Data Controller (see below) or unsubscribe in accordance with instructions contained in any such emails you receive from us.
Third party box office
Our box office providers collect personal information when a booking is made for our events. This information will be used to contact the individual about the booking and allow entry to the event; it may also be used should an event be cancelled or a venue changed. Personal information may also be collected by our box office providers on our behalf at the time of booking, with the individual’s consent, so that Warwick Words may communicate with the individual to promote future events. In using third parties for our box office facilities, we make sure that all data is treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
We use the personal information you provide in completing the ‘Contact Us’ form on our website to send you any information you may request. This personal information is also used to contact you, when necessary, to respond to a query.
A cookie is a small file that may be stored on your computer's hard drive when you visit our website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites function efficiently. Cookies enable us to enhance your experience navigating through our website, anonymously collecting information on pages visited: they do not track individual information.
All correspondence relating to data protection, including requests for copies of the personal information we may hold, should be sent to:
The Data Controller
The Court House
Further information and advice about data protection is available from: